Friday, April 13, 2007

Ugh...Car Repairs

So my car has been shuttering off and on lately. If you have ever driven a manual transmission and taken your foot a little too much off the clutch and not given it enough gas you know what I mean. Yet, the little bug made it to Michigan and back for Easter without any complaints. That's over 800 miles!

Well yesterday I had had it with the car vibrating my brain and scheduled an appointment at the Volkswagen dealership for today. Of course, the car was not shuttering when I drove it into their service garage and had to swear it really does do it. At least the Check Engine light was still on to back me up.

The first call...$770...with a highly recommended fuel injector cleaning for an additional $150. Apparently, the spark plugs and coil are now in a single unit rather than separate like they used to be in older cars- a very expensive unit. My wires were arcing, my engine was misfiring, and I was clogging my engine with fuel. Who knew?

The second call..."oh, ma'am your extended warranty covers only the coil, but there is a $100 deductible". Now...$350 (plus the $150 cleaning).

Just another 110,000 miles to go until we reach the 200k goal! Let's see if we can't keep her running. :)

No comments: